Related

Tuesday 7 February 2012

New Ceramic Bearings from UK

Tuning reels has become more popular lately. Improving performance, reducing weight, or improve cosmetics is the main reason that drive anglers to tune their equipment. As for me, recently I come across these bearings on Ebay the other day and decide to order it because it is cheap.
"CERAMIC" Written
I have no problem with the standard ARB bearings. But I ordered these just out of curiosity. Regarding on the sizes, most of Shimano Baitcaster reels use the same size which is 3 x 10 x 4. Bearings comes with ABEC ratings. The one that I ordered are ABEC 9 rated (so as I was told from the Ebayer). I was also told that it doesn't require any lubricant (since it does not overheat as bad as standard bearing). Bearings also comes with different material for each component. As for these, the balls are made from ceramic, while the retainer is made by Nylon (should be careful when degreasing it), and the case&cover is made by stainless steel.
Black Coloured Ceramic
Regarding on performance, I can feel longer free rotation at the end of the cast(when the centrifugal brakes disengaged). However, this results in backlash with improper thumbing technique. Adjusting cast controller can be helpful. Pitching and Flipping is improved.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.